Preview Episode #0
A Note About Episode #0
As Ms. Hunt is not a space scientist, this pre-series episode is an example of the style, tone, and format for future podcast episodes. We took the opportunity to talk about diversity and the career pipeline which is a critical factor in the success of people of color in STEM fields.
IN THIS EPISODE:
Deanna Hunt is a Regulatory Compliance Consultant in the pharmaceutical industry where she performs audits for quality assurance activities on everything from clinical trials to manufacturing plants.
Deanna spoke with me about her “journey through the sciences." Her path started as the daughter of a single mother living in Compton, California in the late sixties and early seventies, a time when Civil Rights advances had hopes for creating new opportunities for rising students. She took us through her college and early professional experiences, and as with any career, Deanna’s has had its twists and turns, bright spots and challenges, that have brought her to what she does now. But the first thing I asked her was...
"How did it all begin?"
- 5 Things to Know About a Pair of Small But Mighty Weather Instruments
- How NASA’s Psyche Mission Will Explore an Unexplored World
- Can Quantum Mechanics Quell the Holiday Blues?
- The Nail-Biting Journey of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope Is About to Begin
- We Finally Have The First-Ever Analysis of Stardust Retrieved From The Ryugu Asteroid
- Titanic solar storm on young Sun-like star poses warning for Earth
- Here's Why The World Will Be Holding Its Breath During The JWST Launch