Preview Episode #0
A Note About Episode #0
As Ms. Hunt is not a space scientist, this pre-series episode is an example of the style, tone, and format for future podcast episodes. We took the opportunity to talk about diversity and the career pipeline which is a critical factor in the success of people of color in STEM fields.
IN THIS EPISODE:
Deanna Hunt is a Regulatory Compliance Consultant in the pharmaceutical industry where she performs audits for quality assurance activities on everything from clinical trials to manufacturing plants.
Deanna spoke with me about her “journey through the sciences." Her path started as the daughter of a single mother living in Compton, California in the late sixties and early seventies, a time when Civil Rights advances had hopes for creating new opportunities for rising students. She took us through her college and early professional experiences, and as with any career, Deanna’s has had its twists and turns, bright spots and challenges, that have brought her to what she does now. But the first thing I asked her was...
"How did it all begin?"
- Flight Readiness Review gives green light for Starliner OFT-2
- Jeff Bezos Launches into Space on Blue Origin’s First Astronaut Flight
- Here's how much money it actually costs to launch stuff into space
- 7 photos show iconic NASA space shuttle moments a decade since last flight
- Europe's Mars orbiter finds no trace of methane on Red Planet
- Whew! Hubble Space Telescope back in operation
- New research suggests explosive volcanic activity on Venus